Today is Blog Action Day. What is that? It’s a reason for me to go off-topic and list up a few things I do to make the future a little bit more pleasant. I believe that doing yours for the environment is more important then weather to use strict or transitional doctype…
It doesn’t need to be any big changes. Here’s a little list of what I do at home today, perhaps there’s some you haven’t thought of, or some I haven’t thought of. That’s your cue to let me know.
- Turn off lights and heating in rooms you’re not using.
- Recycle paper. Those newspapers sure rack up quick!
- Recycle aliminium.
- Recycle plastic.
- Recycle glass.
- Return empty bottles.
- Bring a fabric bag or backpack when you go grocery shopping instead of taking home a new plastic bag each time.
- Use public transport.
- Don’t use your car for local transportation.
- If you have to use your car to work, try carpooling.
- Ride your bike!!!
- Buy local food. That is food that has traveled short. Go to your local farmers marked.
- Eat less meat. Really, it’s not that hard!
- Go on holidays that doesn’t require airplane rides. The train can also be nice.
- Grow your own vegitables.
Some of those might seem pointless, but they aren’t! They help me keeping a conscious mind while doing normal everyday things. Also it makes you feel good about yourself. I don’t mind riding the bike through rain and snow instead of sitting in a nice warm car. The bike still gets me faster to work. And after I sold my last car my bank account is noticeably healthier.
There you go, my 15 ways to save the world. (Now there’s a heading that would fit Digg.)